Thursday, October 10, 2013

Biolite Stove vs PowerPot

There has been a lot of talk on hiking, backpacking, survivalist and EDC forums about the Biolite stove as well as the PowerPot. Since I had an electric stove at home, and I already had a lot of nice backpacking pots and cook sets I went with a biolite stove. I had one on preorder. The company showed a lot of promise but they seem to have lost momentum. They never released the home stove to the public.

I was wondering what the bs solution really was. Both are based on peltiers. I picked up the powerpot and did the most obvious thing - put the powerpot on top of the biolite stove.

This weekend I will be doing some tests measuring the voltage and amperage output from both devices. I will also time the time and effort it takes to charge a handfull of battery packs from monoprice.


  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment