Friday, January 20, 2012

Tacticool tube cover for SUB2K



I read Olegs post(http://olegvolk.net/blog/2012/01/09/improving-the-sub2000-new-on-ctd/) about the tacticool mods for the SUB2K but none of them piqued my interest except the tube cover(http://www.tacticoolproducts.com/sub-2000bolttubecover/).

The only improvement I would make to my sub2k is the tube cover, to facilitate shooting in the cold.
I have 2 9mm SUB2Ks (to go with G19s) and one in 40 (to go with G35) that I carry in conjuction with the matching mags pistol/caliber in case I need to move up a notch in fire power.

I ordered the tube cover 2 weeks ago and it came in few days ago. I finally got around to putting it on today. The tube cover came with 2 sets of instructions - regular instructions and man instructions. The install took 2 minutes, another 3 minutes to reassemble the sub2k and perform a function check.

So far I am happy with it. It will make the cheek weld feel nicer when firing in the cold and when handling a weapon that's been cruising outside, in the bottom of my backpack for hours.

I ended up ordering another cover to upgrade another sub2k.




No comments:

Post a Comment