Sunday, January 22, 2012

TLR1 Switch

I have been carrying the G35 with a TLR1 for a while. The only issue I had was I doubted if I would be able to use the light efficiently under stress. Few weeks ago I saw a grip switch and I gave it a try. Cheapest source was botach tactical (yes they did fuck up part of my order, and yes some items that were 'in stock' weren't).

First impression, the build quality is pretty good, on par with the TLR1 light itself. I wasn't sure it would play well with the G35 and trigger guard since it wasn't listed as a compatible model. I figured if all else failed I would put it on the G19 or another midsize glock. It took me a few tries to get the back cover on properly. The trigger guard fit like a glove. As soon as you get a solid master grip on the glock, the light goes on.


I need a few more range sessions with it, and maybe another vehicle tactics class to be sure if I'm keeping it on but so far it seems like a keeper.



TLR-1 grip switch installed on Glock 35 and TLR-1








Light bearing holster that supports a light seems to support the switch without any issues.
Raven Concealment Systems rig with Glock 35, TLR-1 and grip switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment