Sunday, October 21, 2012

WX Station

It all started out innocently enough. My county is giving out Davis Vantage Pro2 weather stations to certain people to host and to report data back over APRS on 144.990mhz.

I started out with a satellite dish tripod. I did not believe I was capturing all the rain, and my wind readings looked low. The solar panel alignment was suboptimal too. A quick trip to home depot and a 10ft aluminum mast and some grounding strap later I am now happy with the wx station sighting.

The wireless console is pretty great. I am not sure I set it up correctly or if the tinytrack3 reflashed with tinypack is the source of the trouble. I only have 4 broken and improperly timed packets as my clues until I return from my trip.

Ideally I can't want to run WX3IN1+ and give the local HAMs 1 more digipeater/I-GATE on 144.990mhz.

My order has been outstanding for over a week but the local reseller in Virginia still hasn't gotten it to me. Maybe I should have ordered it straight from Poland. The developer is a great guy and has answered a lot of questions I had.



No comments:

Post a Comment