Sunday, October 21, 2012

WTF Yaesu

Little while ago I acquired an FT857 (MOAR POWER!!!) and an FT817 from an estate of a silent key.

The FT817 didn't have a power supply but from what I read I could use the VX-8GR charger. The radio gave me quite a scare. When I was giving it a perfect 12v it powered off when I tried to transmit. It stayed on and transmitted when I gave it 13.8v .

I thought the battery was damaged or the charging circuit because it wasn't charging. I reread the manual and saw I had to go through 2 menus to tell the radio to charge. Seriously yaesu engineers, WTF do you think someone wants to do when a battery is plugged into the radio and they give it 13.8?? Do you guys use your own radios? The abbreviations in the menus could be better too...

No comments:

Post a Comment